Jon Wray, MSc, BSc(Hons), CSCS is an ex-professional Rugby League Player with a career spanning twelve years.
- Castleford Tigers
- Wakefield Trinity
- Hull Kingston Rovers
Prior to that he played for England Colts and England under 21s with many of the future 2003 Rugby Union World Cup winners before converting to Rugby League.
Jon played in the 1992 Challenge Cup final at Wembley for Castleford Tigers in front of a 75,000 crowd which was televised internationally. He also won an inaugural Division One Grand Final winners medal with Wakefield Trinity Wildcats in 1998.
Realising that a rugby career is short lived, Jon started to study Health and Fitness and progressed to being a highly qualified Group Instructor, Personal Trainer and a University lecturer in Sports Science. He is also a Certified Strength / Conditioning Specialist and now focuses on exclusive Personal Training, dealing with a full spectrum of individuals, from those who are sedentary to elite athletes. He also acts as a consultancy conditioner for various professional rugby league clubs.
- 1992 – HRDip in Exercise and Fitness
- 1998 – BSc Honours, Sports Science
- 2005 – MSc Sports Studies
Claire Wray, co-founder of Equilibrium Health has worked in health and fitness for over twenty years and is an Advanced Practitioner of Modern Pilates, trained by the Pilates Institute and has brought the first fully equipped Pilates studio to Leeds City Centre. She is Made In Leeds TV “Pilates at Home” presenter and creator of ten episodes of Pilates routines you can do in the comfort of your own home, airing in January 2016.
After a concurrent career in corporate training, Claire specialised in one to one Pilates tuition.
She has been interviewed by Radio Leeds, written for Leeds Guide and featured in Zest magazine as well as giving regular talks to women’s groups in Leeds on posture, Pilates and fitness.
Her Baby Pilates class was featured in Practical Parenting’s March 2006 issue as one of 7 Rainy Day Boredom Busters.
- 1992 – Leeds Sports Development Unit Exercise to Music
- 1993 – RSA Exercise to Music
- 1996 – Fitness Professional Advanced Instructor Module in Nutrition and Weight Management
- 2002 – Modern Pilates Mat work Instructor
- 2004 – Advanced Practitioner of Modern Pilates
- 2005 – British School of Yoga – Yoga teacher
- 2005 – Pilates Institute Reformer training
- 2005 – Pilates Institute Wunda chair workshop
- 2005 – Pilates institute Spine Corrector workshop
- 2007 – Pilates Institute Advanced and Group Reformer
- Many workshops attended include Step Correctly, Body Conditioning, Astanga Yoga, Fitness Pilates, Pilates, Stability Ball Pilates
Equilibrium Health - The Studio
Our studio, in the heart of the City Centre, provides an escape from your busy day.
It truly is unique with two private personal training rooms ensuring no-one is staring at you and your trainer as you work out! Plus no queuing for equipment!
Our private Pilates room has a Reformer, Cadillac, Stability Chair, Tower and Spine Corrector and our Pilates Class studio is equipped with six reformers for group sessions as well as facilitating mat work classes.
Designed by TV’s Feng Shui Doctor, Paul Darby, you’ll forget you’re in a bustling City Centre leaving you free to concentrate on some much needed “me time”.